- To rejoice in life, to find the world beautiful and delightful to live in, was a mark of the Greek spirit, which distinguished it from all that had gone before. It is a vital distinction.
- The Old Testament is the record of men’s conviction that God speaks directly to men.
- There is no dignity like the dignity of a soul in agony.
- When faith is supported by facts or by logic it ceases to be faith.
- Convention, so often a mask for injustice.
- The easy way has never in the long run commanded the allegiance of mankind.
- None so good that he has no faults, None so wicked that he is worth naught.
- When we speak of beauty, we’re speaking of something we’re more or less indifferent to.
- Myths are early science, the result of men’s first trying to explain what they saw around them.
- Tragedy cannot take place around a type. Suffering is the most individualizing thing on earth.
Tags : Live Online Radio