- You know nothing till you know all; which is the reason we never know any thing.
- To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.
- Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it, and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.
- There is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself.
- Amity itself can only be maintained by reciprocal respect, and true friends are punctilious equals.
- We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.
- Who in the rainbow can draw the line where the violet tint ends and the orange tint begins? Distinctly we see the difference of the colors, but where exactly does the one first blendingly enter into the other? So with sanity and insanity.
- Let us speak, though we show all our faults and weaknesses, – for it is a sign of strength to be weak, to know it, and out with it – not in a set way and ostentatiously, though, but incidentally and without premeditation.
- To produce a mighty book, you must choose a mighty theme. No great and enduring volume can ever be written on the flea, though many there be that have tried it.
- For there is no folly of the beast of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men.
Tags : Live Online Radio