- People say it gets better but it doesn’t. It just gets different, that’s all.
- I like the ephemeral thing about theatre, every performance is like a ghost – it’s there and then it’s gone.
- The chemotherapy was very peculiar, something that makes you feel much worse than the cancer itself, a very nasty thing. I used to go to treatment on my own, and nearly everybody else was with somebody. I wouldn’t have liked that. Why would you want to make anybody sit in those places?
- I am just surprised to be doing anything at my age actually. When you think of where I am now and where I’ve come from, I am very pleased and very grateful to be standing up and delivering Julian’s great lines.
- Theres a difference between solitude and loneliness.
- There is a kind of invisible thread between the actor and the audience, and when it’s there it’s stunning, and there is nothing to match that.
- The thing is, often press people ask questions that are so personal that even your nearest and dearest wouldn’t ask them.
- My career is chequered. Then I think I got pigeon-holed in humour; Shakespeare is not my thing.
- I believe that I am past my prime. I had reckoned on my prime lasting till I was at least fifty.
- I know there is something out there and like most people, I tend to believe in it more when things go bad.
Tags : Live Online Radio