10 thought-provoking quotes by howard thurman
- Whatever may be the tensions and the stresses of a particular day, there is always lurking close at hand the trailing beauty of forgotten joy or unremembered peace.
- Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
- Often, to be free means the ability to deal with the realities of one’s own situation so as not to be overcome by them.
- During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable, even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism.
- There must be always remaining in every life, some place for the singing of angels, some place for that which in itself is breathless and beautiful.
- If a man knows precisely what he can do to you or what epithet he can hurl against you in order to make you lose your temper, your equilibrium, then he can always keep you under subjection.
- He recognized with authentic realism that anyone who permits another to determine the quality of his inner life gives into the hands of the other the keys to his destiny.
- Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
- Keep alive the dream; for as long as a man has a dream in his heart, he cannot lose the significance of living.
- In the stillness of the quiet, if we listen, we can hear the whisper of the heart giving strength to weakness, courage to fear, hope to despair.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Howard_Thurman #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio