10 top quotes by herman melville
- I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.
- I do not think I have any uncharitable prejudice against the rattlesnake, still, I should not like to be one.
- Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.
- As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.
- For there is no folly of the beast of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men.
- A man thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things.
- Human madness is oftentimes a cunning and most feline thing. When you think it fled, it may have but become transfigured into some still subtler form.
- Think not, is my eleventh commandment; and sleep when you can, is my twelfth.
- It is the easiest thing in the world for a man to look as if he had a great secret in him.
- Real strength never impairs beauty or harmony, but it often bestows it, and in everything imposingly beautiful, strength has much to do with the magic.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Herman_Melville #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio