Born: June 11, 1959
Hugh Laurie is a British actor, comedian, writer, musician, and director. He was born on June 11, 1959, in Oxford, England. Laurie gained international recognition for his portrayal of the grouchy yet brilliant doctor, Dr. Gregory House, in the television series “House” (2004-2012).
Before his breakthrough role in “House,” Hugh Laurie had an extensive career in comedy. He was part of the comedy duo Fry and Laurie, alongside his longtime collaborator Stephen Fry. The duo performed in numerous sketch comedy shows, including “A Bit of Fry & Laurie” (1989-1995), which showcased their wit and humor.
Laurie’s acting career extends beyond television. He has appeared in several films, including “Sense and Sensibility” (1995), “Stuart Little” (1999), and “Tomorrowland” (2015). His performances have earned him critical acclaim and recognition, including multiple Emmy nominations and Golden Globe awards for his role in “House.”
Aside from acting, Hugh Laurie is also a talented musician. He plays the piano, guitar, drums, and saxophone. He released his debut album, “Let Them Talk,” in 2011, which showcased his passion for blues and jazz music. The album received positive reviews and achieved commercial success.
In addition to his acting and music career, Laurie has also written books. He published his first novel, “The Gun Seller,” in 1996, which was well-received by both readers and critics.
Hugh Laurie’s versatility and talent have made him a respected figure in the entertainment industry. His contributions to comedy, acting, music, and literature have solidified his status as a multi-talented artist.
Hugh Laurie’s 5 most popular quotes
- Screenwriting is the most prized of all the cinematic arts. Actually, it isn’t, but it should be.
- I’m finding it increasingly difficult to simply walk down the street. In New York, I dashed in to buy a big pair of sunglasses to conceal myself, but the guy behind the counter shouted ‘Hey! It’s Dr. House.’
- I don’t believe in God, but I have this idea that if there were a God, or destiny of some kind looking down on us, that if he saw you taking anything for granted he’d take it away.
- I think classical music tuition is, well, was when I was a child, was an abomination. I think in some ways it is one of life’s great tragedies for everybody who gives up an instrument.
- Now, my mom always said two wrongs don’t make a right. But she never said anything about four wrongs, and that always left me confused.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #English_actor #actor #hugh_laurie #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio