TraXX FM is an online based English-language radio station operated by Radio Televisyen Malaysia. This station is fully owned and funded by the Malaysian government. Basic genres are Talk and contemporary hit. It started broadcasting on 1 January 1950 as the Blue Network and the station broadcast countrywide thus reaching neighboring Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, and Thailand.
Traxx FM has different scheduled programs each for a different age group of audiences from youth to adult. Here broadcast news updates every hour. The station operates 24-hours a day, with the news at every hour from 6am-11pm.
Slogan: “Travel N Music”
General Info –
- City: Kuala Lumpur
- Broadcast area: Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, part of Indonesia and Thailand
- Frequency: Varies depending on its region
- First air date: 1 January 1950; 68 years ago
- Format: Talk, contemporary hit radio
- Language(s): English
- Transmitter coordinates: Coordinates: 3°6′47.8″N 101°40′18.7″E
- Owner: Radio Televisyen Malaysia
- Sister stations: Ai FM, Asyik FM, Minnal FM, Nasional FM and Radio Klasik FM.
To get more information, just visit TraXX FM Website: traxxfm.rtm.gov.my
Traxx FM enters 90% coverage of the whole of Malaysia. The station’s aim is to educate, inform and to entertain listeners. According to Nielsen’s Radio Audience Measurement (RAM) done in 2009, TraXX FM is the fifth most listened to English radio station in Malaysia.
It started broadcasting on 1 January 1950 as the Blue Network. The station used to be branded as the Blue Network, Radio 4 and Radio Malaysia Channel 4. It was Malaysia’s only English language radio station until 1994, in which the control was broken by the launch of TIME Highway Radio. The station’s first tagline was ‘Travel and Music’ after re-branding to a tourism-oriented radio station. It then switched back to “Experience the Excitement” to ensemble its present role as information based radio.
The name “TraXX” (in use since April 2005, as a part of re-branding of RTM’s radio stations) is derived from the word ‘TRACK’ and ‘XX’, the later denoting the old tagline ‘Xperience the Xcitement’.
Traxx FM has diverse programs each for the dissimilar age group of audiences from youth to adult. Its vision is to become the leading and World-Class Broadcasting Organization. And the mission is to provide for the people information that is verified, accurate, and up to date.
News broadcasts- TRAXX FM broadcasts the news every hour.
- 07:00 Main news
- 09:00 National news
- 11:00 World news
- 13:00 Main news
- 17:00 Main news/parliament report: Afternoon edition
- 19:00 Business news/main news (non-working days)
- 21:00 Main news/parliament report: evening edition
- 23:00 Main news
Each news bulletin above is about 10-minutes long. Other news updates are three-minutes long.
- THE MORNING SHOW (Time: 6.00 am – 10.00 am)
- TRAXX Momentum (Time: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm)
- CHILL@TRAXX (Time: 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm)
- The Evening Drive (Time: 5.00 pm – 9.00 pm)
- After Hours (Time: 9.00 pm – 12.00 am)
- The Morning Show (Time: 6.00 am – 10.00 am)
- Sound Journey (Time: 12 midnight – 06.00 am)
- Superstars Revisited (Time: (Saturday) 06.00 am – 10.00 am)
- Sunday Breakfast Show (Time: (Sunday) 6.00 am – 10.00 am)
- Brunch on TRAXX (Time: (Saturday & Sunday) 10.00 am – 2.00 pm)
- The Beat Goes On (Time: 14.00-18.00)
- Music Blast Off (Time: 18.00 – 21.00)
- Alternation (Time: (Saturday) 21.00 – 00.00)
- In Sentimental Mood (Time : (Sunday) 21.00 – 00.00)
Popular DJ’s are: The Greenman (The Morning Show); Kong Eu (The Morning Show); Sofea Fea (TRAXX Momentum); Els Dines (Chill @ TRAXX); Double D (The Evening Drive); Alvin (After Hour); The Shaz (Segment); Qis Elias (Music Blast Off); Frisca Freddy (Segment); Albert (Superstars Revisited); Gilbert (Sports on TRAXX).
Contact Info –
Address: RAXXfm, 2nd Floor, Wisma Radio Angkasapuri, 50740 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Office: +603 2288 7286
Fax : +603 2284 5750
Mail- [email protected]
Liveonlineradio.net has TraXX FM Radio in its listings. Just click and enjoy.
TraXX FM Radio– www.liveonlineradio.net/malaysia/traxx-fm.