10 great quotes by george eliot
- Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.
- Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.
- The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.
- The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.
- Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.
- Vanity is as ill at ease under indifference as tenderness is under a love which it cannot return.
- It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them.
- And when a woman’s will is as strong as the man’s who wants to govern her, half her strength must be concealment.
- Cruelty, like every other vice, requires no motive outside of itself; it only requires opportunity.
- What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined – to strengthen each other – to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #George_Elliot #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio