10 great steve allen quotes
- There is scarcely a page of the Bible on which an open mind does not perceive a contradiction, an unlikely story, an obvious error, an historical impossibility of one sort or another.
- One of the nice things about problems is that a good many of them do not exist except in our imaginations.
- I used to be a heavy gambler. But now I just make mental bets. That’s how I lost my mind.
- Dark energy is perhaps the biggest mystery in physics.
- In a rational society we would want our presidents to be teachers. In our actual society we insist they be cheerleaders.
- The problem is that once the untrained mind has made a formal commitment to a religious philosophy – and it does not matter whether that philosophy is generally reasonable and high-minded or utterly bizarre and irrational.
- The Bible is unfortunately unclear on a long list of moral and social questions and sex is one of them. On the one hand, there are expressions of admiration for the reportedly virgin mother of Jesus, but other portions of scripture speak quite accommodatingly of polygamy.
- Sometimes things which at the moment may be perceived as obstacles-and actually be obstacles, difficulties, or drawbacks-can in the long run result in some good end which would not have occurred if it had not been for the obstacle.
- This is The Tonight Show. I can’t tell you too much about it, other than the fact that this program is going to go on forever.
- Millions of Germans had absolute faith in Hitler. Millions of Russians had faith in Stalin. Millions of Chinese had faith in Mao. Billions have had faith in imaginary gods.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Steve_Allen #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio