10 of the best quotes by umberto eco
- I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.
- I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
- I love the smell of book ink in the morning.
- When men stop believing in God, it isn’t that they then believe in nothing: they believe in everything.
- The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.
- People are never so completely and enthusiastically evil as when they act out of religious conviction.
- Absence is to love as wind is to fire: it extinguishes the little flame, it fans the big.
- Then why do you want to know?” “Because learning does not consist only of knowing what we must or we can do, but also of knowing what we could do and perhaps should not do.
- Thus I rediscovered what writers have always known (and have told us again and again): books always speak of other books, and every story tells a story that has already been told.
- All poets write bad poetry. Bad poets publish them, good poets burn them.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Umberto_Eco #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio