- There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they’ll take you.
- Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were–Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter.
- I hold that a strongly marked personality can influence descendants for generations.
- Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.
- Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality.
- I cannot rest, I must draw, however poor the result, and when I have a bad time come over me it is a stronger desire than ever.
- Thank goodness my education was neglected.
- All outward forms of religion are almost useless, and are the causes of endless strife. . . . Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.
- It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is ‘soporific’.
- Most people, after one success, are so cringingly afraid of doing less well that they rub all the edge off their subsequent work.
Tags : Live Online Radio