10 notable quotes by alexander pope
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
- How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d.
- A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
- A little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian Spring; There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.
- If you want to know what God thinks about money just look at the people He gives it to.
- Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always To be blest. The soul, uneasy, and confin’d from home, Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
- Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.
- You purchase pain with all that joy can give and die of nothing but a rage to live.
- Words are like Leaves; and where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.
- Some people will never learn anything, for this reason, because they understand everything too soon.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Alexander_Pope #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio