10 top quotes by charles baudelaire
- One should always be drunk. That’s all that matters…But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk.
- Genius is nothing more nor less than childhood recaptured at will.
- A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.
- What strange phenomena we find in a great city, all we need do is stroll about with our eyes open. Life swarms with innocent monsters.
- There are women who inspire you with the desire to conquer them and to take your pleasure of them; but this one fills you only with the desire to die slowly beneath her gaze.
- Life has but one true charm: the charm of the game. But what if we’re indifferent to whether we win or lose?
- What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?
- The Devil pulls the strings which make us dance; We find delight in the most loathsome things; Some furtherance of Hell each new day brings, And yet we feel no horror in that rank advance.
- I am unable to understand how a man of honor could take a newspaper in his hands without a shudder of disgust.
- He who looks through an open window sees fewer things than he who looks through a closed window.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Charles_Baudelaire #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio