10 notable quotes by philip larkin
- Poetry is nobody’s business except the poet’s, and everybody else can fuck off.
- So many things I had thought forgotten Return to my mind with stranger pain: Like letters that arrive addressed to someone Who left the house so many years ago.
- How little our careers express what lies in us, and yet how much time they take up. It’s sad, really.
- I feel the only thing you can do about life is to preserve it, by art if you’re an artist, by children if you’re not.
- I can’t understand these chaps who go round American universities explaining how they write poems: It’s like going round explaining how you sleep with your wife.
- Uncontradicting solitude Supports me on its giant palm; And like a sea-anemone Or simple snail, there cautiously Unfolds, emerges, what I am.
- I have a sense of melancholy isolation, life rapidly vanishing, all the usual things. It’s very strange how often strong feelings don’t seem to carry any message of action.
- Rather than words comes the thought of high windows: The sun-comprehending glass, And beyond it, the deep blue air, that shows Nothing, and is nowhere, and is endless.
- Since the majority of me Rejects the majority of you, Debating ends forthwith, and we Divide.
- Everyone should be forcibly transplanted to another continent from their family at the age of three.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Philip_Larkin #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio