102.1 The Edge is one of the most influential and dominant new rock radio station broadcast from Toronto, Canada. Here provides Alternative Rock, Jazz, Metal, Modern and Classic rock music. This station distinguished itself for being one of the first radio stations in Canada to play this alternative music genre.
The Edge is one of the most listened to modern rock radio stations in the World.
Slogan: “Toronto’s Alternative”
- City: Brampton, Ontario
- Broadcast area: Greater Toronto Area
- Branding: 102.1 The Edge
- Slogan: Toronto’s Alternative
- Frequency: 102.1 MHz (FM)
- First air date: August 8, 1960
- Format: modern rock
- Owner: Corus Entertainment (Corus Premium Television Ltd.)
To get more information just visit The Edge official website: https://edge.ca/
CFNY-FM branded on-air as 102.1 The Edge is a Modern Rock Canadian radio station based in the Greater Toronto area. Tune in to 102.1 The Edge to listen to an absolute and diverse program, with the best rock music and entertainment shows.
CFNY-FM, branded as 102.1 the Edge, is a Canadian radio station, broadcasting at 102.1 FM in the Greater Toronto Area. The station rose to prominence in the 1970s and 1980s due to its freestyle DJing format and unique choice to play alternative music. Following a number of years hallmarked by internal problems and a listener rebellion as a result of management decisions, the station eventually evolved into its current modern rock format owned by Corus Entertainment.
The station’s legal city of license is the suburban city of Brampton, Ontario, where the station was originally launched in 1960, although today its studios are in Downtown Toronto at Corus Quay on Toronto’s Harbourfront and its transmitter is located atop the CN Tower.
[Information Source: wikipedia.org/wiki/CFNY-FM]
Shows – This station is popular in a young generation because of its various music programs like Modern rock, alternative rock, metal, and classic rock music.
Edge Mornings, Fearless Fred, Ongoing History, Citizen Edge, Edge Music etc.
Some other popular shows are – Ongoing History of New Music, All-Request Breakfast, Spring Explore Music, Friday Night Live, The Dean Blundell Show, The Strombo Show etc.
Alan Cross, Barry Taylor, Josie Dye, Jim Mccourtie, Martin Streek, Derek Welsman, Dean Blundell, Dj Da Silva, Bobbi Guy, George Stroumboulopoulos, Fearless Fred
Programs Time Schedule:
- Monday- 5:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Tuesday- 5:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Wednesday- 5:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Thursday- 5:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Friday- 5:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Monday- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Thursday- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Friday – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Monday – 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday – 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday – 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday – 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday – 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Monday – 7:00 PM – 8:00PM
- Tuesday – 7:00 PM – 8:00PM
- Wednesday – 7:00 PM – 8:00PM
- Thursday – 7:00 PM – 8:00PM
- Friday – 7:00 PM – 8:00PM
- Monday – 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- Tuesday – 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- Wednesday – 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- Thursday – 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- Friday – 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
The Ongoing History of New Music
- Sunday – 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Accolades and awards
CFNY-FM and its staff have been the recipients of numerous awards in the station’s history. The station has been named Canadian Rock Station of the Year by the Canadian Music and Broadcast Industry Awards more than two dozen times.
Former music director and on-air personality Kneale Mann were twice named Canadian Music Director of Year.
Former program director Stewart Meyers and Alan Cross were named Canadian Program Director of the Year three times.
The Dean Blundell Show was awarded 2011’s “Top Radio Program (Morning Show)” award by Top Choice Awards.
Contact Info –
Mailing Address: Corus Quay, 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5A 0B5.
On-Air: 416-870-3343 (EDGE)
Main Reception: 416-479-7000
Liveonlineradio.net has 102.1 The Edge Radio in its listings. Just click and enjoy.
102.1 The Edge – www.liveonlineradio.net/canada/102-1-edge.