Top 10 most inspiring quotes by M. C. Escher
- Hands, are the most honest part of the human body, they cannot lie as laughing eyes and the mouth can.
- Science and art sometimes can touch one another, like two pieces of the jigsaw puzzle which is our human life, and that contact may be made across the boderline between the two respective domains.
- I never got a pass mark in math … Just imagine – mathematicians now use my prints to illustrate their books.
- I can’t keep from fooling around with our irrefutable certainties. It is, for example, a pleasure knowingly to mix up two and three dimensionalities, flat and spatial, and to make fun of gravity.
- It is human nature to want to exchange ideas, and I believe that, at bottom, every artist wants no more than to tell the world what he has to say.
- For me it remains an open question whether [this work] pertains to the realm of mathematics or to that of art.
- So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the stars; amen.
- At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important.
- To have peace with this peculiar life; to accept what we do not understand; to wait calmly for what awaits us, you have to be wiser than I am.
- I try in my prints to testify that we live in a beautiful and orderly world, and not in a formless chaos, as it sometimes seems.
M.C. Escher, in full Maurits Cornelis Escher, (born June 17, 1898, Leeuwarden, Netherlands—died March 27, 1972, Laren), Dutch graphic artist known for his detailed realistic prints that achieve bizarre optical and conceptual effects.
Maurits Cornelis Escher was the youngest of five boys and was raised by his father, George Escher, a civil engineer, and his father’s second wife, Sarah Gleichman. Maurits was a sickly and creative child drawn to music and carpentry, and, although he was influenced by his father’s engineering, he did not excel at mathematics. In fact, he failed several of his final exams and never technically completed his high-school education.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #M._C._Escher #quotes #FM #online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio