Born: December 15, 1981
Michelle Suzanne Dockery (born December 15, 1981) is an English actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Lady Mary Crawley in the ITV drama series Downton Abbey (2010–2015), for which she has been nominated for three consecutive Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award. She made her professional stage debut in His Dark Materials in 2004. For her role as Eliza Doolittle in the 2007 London revival of Pygmalion, she was nominated for the Evening Standard Award.
Michelle Dockery’s 5 most popular quotes
- If Shakespeare was around today I would ask him out to dinner. The only thing I don’t like about him is the way he did his hair.
- I think some period drama can be quite alienating, but ‘Downton’ isn’t. This is going to sound quite, um, pretentious, but someone said that it’s like a soap written by a poet.
- The last time I cried? My godchildren went to see Taylor Swift in concert and got to meet her. They literally ran toward her and hugged her, and it was amazing. I got big bonus points for it. I’ll remind them when they’re teenagers.
- Downton Abbey’ has become this huge thing, and I really enjoy the success of it, but I sometimes find myself on the outside looking in, which is sort of a healthy way to look at it so you don’t get too caught up in it.
- I come from a very working-class background, so my family would have been downstairs in the past, as opposed to upstairs. People are often quite surprised to hear that, that I’m not actually posh.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Television_actress #actress #Michelle_Dockery #Birthday #FM #online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio