- I have always considered “Pascal’s Wager” a questionable bet to place. Any God worth “believing in” would surely prefer an honest agnostic to a calculating hypocrite.
- Question authority; but, raise your hand first.
- The best answer to bad speech is good speech.
- A good lawyer knows how to shut up when he’s won his case.
- The defendant wants to hide the truth because he’s generally guilty. The defense attorney’s job is to make sure the jury does not arrive at that truth.
- Hypocrisy is not a way of getting back to the moral high ground. Pretending you’re moral, saying your moral is not the same as acting morally.
- A library is a place where you learn what teachers were afraid to teach you.
- Freedom of speech means freedom for those who you despise, and freedom to express the most despicable views. It also means that the government cannot pick and choose which expressions to authorize and which to prevent.
- There are two kinds of terrorism. Rational terrorism such as Palestinian terrorism and apocalyptic terrorism like Sept. 11. You have to distinguish between the two.
- Great research universities must insist on independence from government and on the exercise of academic freedom.
Tags : Live Online Radio