- Family not only needs to consist of merely those whom we share blood, but also of those whom we’d give blood.
- I must be taken as I have been made. The success is not mine, the failure is not mine, but the two together make me.
- Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but I hope, into a better shape.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
- Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
- There is a wisdom of the head, and there is a wisdom of the heart.
- The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.
- It is a melancholy truth that even great men have their poor relations.
- It is because I think so much of warm and sensitive hearts, that I would spare them from being wounded.
Tags : Live Online Radio