- Solidarity between women can be a powerful force of change, and can influence future development in ways favourable not only to women but also to men.
- All the men I did get to know, every single man of them, has filled me with but one desire: to lift my hand and bring it smashing down on his face.
- Danger has been a part of my life ever since I picked up a pen and wrote. Nothing is more perilous than truth in a world that lies.
- Everybody has to die, Firdaus. I will die, and you will die. The important thing is how to live until you die.
- I now knew that all of us were prostitutes who sold themselves at varying prices, and that an expensive prostitute was better than a cheap one.
- Many people come here and they think my apartment is a poor relative to my name. But you cannot be radical and have money, itâ€™s impossible.
- Memory is never complete. There are always parts of it that time has amputated. Writing is a way of retrieving them, of bringing the missing parts back to it, of making it more holistic.
- I am becoming more radical with age. I have noticed that writers, when they are old, become milder. But for me it is the opposite. Age makes me more angry.
- War criminals in the U.S. and Israel are not punished: no international court has the courage to put them on trial.
- The feminists who are aware of the effects of patriarchy realize that we are all in the same boat from the dangers of patriarchy, and that the oppression of women is universal.
Tags : Live Online Radio