- After all, if you do not resist the apparently inevitable, you will never know how inevitable the inevitable was.
- Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is ‘The Book of British Birds,’ and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology.
- Genuine equality means not treating everyone the same, but attending equally to everyone’s different needs.
- In the deep night of metaphysics, all cats look black.
- A socialist is just someone who is unable to get over his or her astonishment that most people who have lived and died have spent lives of wretched, fruitless, unremitting toil.
- I attacked Dawkins’s book on God because I think he is theologically illiterate.
- Modern capitalist nations are the fruit of a history of slavery, genocide, violence and exploitation every bit as abhorrent as Mao’s China or Stalin’s Soviet Union.
- Socialism is the completion of democracy, not the negation of it.
- Deconstruction insists not that truth is illusory but that it is institutional.
- Language, identity and forms of life are the terms in which political demands are shaped and voiced.
Tags : Live Online Radio