- Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it is democracy.
- The ethic of the journalist is to recognize one’s prejudices, biases, and avoid getting them into print.
- In seeking truth you have to get both sides of a story.
- Success is more permanent when you achieve it without destroying your principles.
- Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.
- I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I am a registered independent because I find that I cast my votes not on the basis of party loyalty but on the issues of the moment and my assessment of the candidates.
- There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free.
- The profession of journalism ought to be about telling people what they need to know – not what they want to know.
- If that is what makes us liberals, so be it, just as long as in reporting the news we adhere to the first ideals of good journalism – that news reports must be fair, accurate and unbiased.
- Ethics must be reintroduced to public service to restore people’s faith in government. Without such faith, democracy cannot flourish. Your ambitious agenda is filling a desperate need.
Tags : Live Online Radio