10 thoughful quotes by seamus heaney
- If you have the words, there’s always a chance that you’ll find the way.
- I can’t think of a case where poems changed the world, but what they do is they change people’s understanding of what’s going on in the world.
- Behaviour that’s admired is the path to power among people everywhere.
- History says, Don’t hope On this side of the grave, But then, once in a lifetime The longed-for tidal wave Of justice can rise up, And hope and history rhyme.
- Anyone with gumption and a sharp mind will take the measure of two things: what’s said and what’s done.
- If self is a location, so is love: Bearings taken, markings, cardinal points, Options, obstinacies, dug heels, and distance, Here and there and now and then, a stance.
- So hope for a great sea-change On the far side of revenge. Believe that further shore Is reachable from here. Believe in miracles And cures and healing wells.
- The aim of poetry and the poet is finally to be of service, to ply the effort of the individual into the larger work of the community as a whole.
- Sink every impulse like a bolt. Secure The bastion of sensation. Do not waver Into language. Do not waver in it.
- The dotted line my father’s ashplant made On Sandymount Strand Is something else the tide won’t wash away.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Seamus_Heaney #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio