10 great quotes by john updike
- It is easy to love people in memory; the hard thing is to love them when they are there in front of you.
- Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.
- Suspect each moment, for it is a thief, tiptoeing away with more than it brings.
- The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.
- How can you respect the world when you see it’s being run by a bunch of kids turned old?
- Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better.
- The artist brings something into the world that didn’t exist before, and he does it without destroying something else.
- The aim of poetry and the poet is finally to be of service, to ply the effort of the individual into the larger work of the community as a whole.
- The world keeps ending but new people too dumb to know it keep showing up as if the fun’s just started.
- Looking foolish does the spirit good. The need not to look foolish is one of youth’s many burdens; as we get older we are exempted from more and more.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #John_Updike #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio