Born: November 15, 1945
Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad, born on November 15, 1945, in Bjørkåsen, Norway, is a Swedish singer and former member of the iconic pop group ABBA. Her early life was marked by tragedy, losing her father during World War II and being raised by her grandmother. In 1969, she joined ABBA, which went on to become one of the best-selling music artists in history.
Known for her soulful voice and charismatic stage presence, Anni-Frid contributed significantly to ABBA’s success with hits like “Dancing Queen” and “The Winner Takes It All.” Despite her success with the group, her personal life was tumultuous, including a high-profile marriage to fellow band member Benny Andersson that ended in divorce.
After ABBA disbanded in 1982, Anni-Frid pursued a solo career, releasing albums such as “Something’s Going On.” She also engaged in charitable work, supporting various causes. Anni-Frid received numerous awards for her contributions to music, and her legacy continues to thrive as ABBA’s music remains timeless.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s 5 most popular quotes
- Being rich and famous isn’t all happiness and at times the pressures have got to me.
- Benny and Bjorn, I suppose, already had an idea of which one was going to sing the lead. I mean, they knew perfectly well our ranges and which kind of voice they wanted on a specific song. And sometimes, I envied the choice of Agnetha, I must admit.
- The kind of music I like depends very much on my mood.
- I like to think of myself as being fashion-conscious without being a slave to fashion.
- I must have some sort of record in failing to get into the charts.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Norwegian-Swedish_singer #Anni-Frid_Lyngstad #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio