American singer-songwriter and guitarist
Born: September 23, 1949
Bruce Springsteen, born on September 23, 1949, in Long Branch, New Jersey, is a legendary American musician, singer, and songwriter. Often referred to as “The Boss,” he has left an indelible mark on the rock and folk music genres.
Springsteen’s career took off in the 1970s with the release of his album “Born to Run” in 1975, which catapulted him to international fame. His music is characterized by heartfelt lyrics, working-class themes, and a distinctive raspy voice. He and his E Street Band became known for their energetic live performances, which earned them a devoted fan base.
Throughout his career, Springsteen has released numerous iconic albums, including “Darkness on the Edge of Town,” “The River,” and “Born in the U.S.A.” His music often addresses social and political issues, reflecting the American experience.
Beyond his music, Springsteen is a philanthropist and activist, advocating for causes such as workers’ rights and social justice. His enduring influence on rock music has earned him numerous awards, including 20 Grammy Awards and an Academy Award for his song “Streets of Philadelphia.”
Bruce Springsteen’s impact on music and culture remains profound, and his songs continue to resonate with fans around the world.
Bruce Springsteen’s 5 most popular quotes
- I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream.
- Getting an audience is hard. Sustaining an audience is hard. It demands a consistency of thought, of purpose, and of action over a long period of time.
- The past is never the past. It is always present. And you better reckon with it in your life and in your daily experience, or it will get you. It will get you really bad.
- Adult life is dealing with an enormous amount of questions that don’t have answers. So I let the mystery settle into my music. I don’t deny anything, I don’t advocate anything, I just live with it.
- You can’t have a United States if you are telling some folks that they can’t get on the train. There is a cracking point where a society collapses.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_singer-songwriter_guitarist #singer-songwriter #Bruce_Springsteen #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio