Born: November 21, 1956
Cherry Jones, born on November 21, 1956, is an accomplished American actress known for her versatile performances on stage and screen. Hailing from Paris, Tennessee, Jones began her acting career in regional theater before making a breakthrough on Broadway. She earned widespread recognition and acclaim for her portrayal of Sister Aloysius in the Tony Award-winning play “Doubt: A Parable,” which also garnered her a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play in 2005.
Jones has a prolific career in film and television as well. She has appeared in movies such as “The Perfect Storm” (2000) and “The Village” (2004), showcasing her ability to tackle diverse roles. On television, she has been featured in series like “24” and “The Handmaid’s Tale,” earning critical praise for her compelling performances.
In addition to her Tony Award, Cherry Jones has received numerous accolades, including an Emmy Award for her role in the HBO miniseries “24: Live Another Day.” Known for her powerful stage presence and ability to bring depth to her characters, Jones remains a respected and influential figure in the entertainment industry.
Cherry Jones’s 5 most popular quotes
- If you can find the courage, if you have in your heart even the slightest bit of rebellion against injustice, maybe you can channel that and become a leader.
- I went to see “The Piano” with Holly Hunter when I was in a Paula Vogel play, and I was just gone. I couldn’t focus at all. It took that creative part of my brain with it so absolutely.
- I almost dropped dead the first time I heard Bob Dole say ‘gay marriage’ on the floor of the senate. He wasn’t saying nice things, but he said it! I never thought in my lifetime I’d hear that. I just think we’re moving now at warp speed. Even when we take a step back like with prop 8, we take two steps forward.
- If you want to have more options as an actor, you just need to watch your weight, and I’ve ignored that fact for several years quite happily. Now the chicks have come home to roost.
- I’m one of those lazy actors; I like to take what the playwright wrote and work with that.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_actress #actress #Cherry_Jones #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio