- It used to be that I was always paranoid or a loser or something so there’s usually something that you seem to associate yourself with at one time or another.
- Almost every comedy you see is about people making all wrong choices and making all the errors of judgement possible. Good comedy is when it works on this scale. Because it is psychologically very real.
- People have the idea of missionaries as going out with the Bible and hitting natives with it. It’s not really what they were doing. They were all doing something rather different.
- If you don’t mind haunting the margins, I think there is more freedom there.
- I do notice that when I’ve been away and I come back to London. People look at you. People are ready to pick arguments.
- I would rather five people knew my work and thought it was good work than five million knew me and were indifferent.
- I want to say, strenuously, that although I have never considered the Darcy thing to be a problem, that is simply not going to happen.
- I was delighted to become a popular-culture reference point. I’m still delighted about it actually, and I still find it to be weird.
- The last thing I would attempt to do is to buy clothes for a child I didn’t know well.
- I have a kind of neutrality, physically, which has helped me. I have a face that can be made to look a lot better – or a lot worse.
Tags : Live Online Radio