Born: May 23, 1958
Drew Carey is an American comedian, actor, and television host, best known for his role as the host of the popular game show “The Price Is Right.” He was born on May 23, 1958, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Carey began his career as a stand-up comedian in the late 1980s, performing at various comedy clubs across the United States. His talent and unique comedic style gained attention, leading to appearances on popular shows like “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” and “The Late Show with David Letterman.”
In 1995, Drew Carey created and starred in his own sitcom called “The Drew Carey Show,” which ran for nine seasons. The show was a success and showcased Carey’s skills as both a comedian and actor. During this time, he also made appearances in films such as “Coneheads” and “The Aristocrats.”
In 2007, Carey took over as the host of the long-running game show “The Price Is Right,” succeeding Bob Barker. His charismatic and engaging hosting style won over audiences, and he has been hosting the show ever since. Carey’s tenure as the host of “The Price Is Right” has earned him multiple Daytime Emmy Award nominations.
Aside from his hosting duties, Carey has continued his stand-up comedy career, performing in various venues and touring across the country. He is known for his sharp wit, improvisational skills, and his ability to connect with audiences.
Throughout his career, Drew Carey has also been involved in various philanthropic endeavors. He is a strong advocate for improving the lives of children in foster care and has been actively involved with organizations supporting foster youth.
Drew Carey’s contributions to the entertainment industry, both as a comedian and television host, have made him a beloved figure in American pop culture. His humor and down-to-earth personality have endeared him to audiences for decades.
Drew Carey’s 5 most popular quotes
- When I’m working, I’m going to avoid all media. No newspapers, no magazines, no movies, no radio, no TV. I’m just going to do creative work.
- I moved from Cleveland to L.A. with a girlfriend, we broke up, and I lived out of my car for a year and a half, on the road with nothing on my mind but getting my act good enough to be on ‘The Tonight Show.’
- I’m never afraid to die. I think that’s the best thing that can happen to somebody is they get to move on and do something better.
- I am never out there just jogging for the heck of it. I never do that. I start to run with a goal in mind, whether it’s a certain time or certain distance or a specific heart-rate goal, and then I am done.
- I don’t think there’s hardly a comic out there that does clean material all the way around. There’s a couple of guys that are clean, but I’m not one of them.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_comedian #comedian #Drew_Carey #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio