British film director
Born: May 30, 1971
Duncan Jones is a British film director, screenwriter, and producer. He was born on May 30, 1971, in London, England. Jones is the son of musician David Bowie and his first wife, Angela Bowie. Growing up in a creative household, Jones developed a passion for storytelling and filmmaking from an early age.
Jones initially pursued a career in philosophy and graduated from the College of Wooster in Ohio with a degree in philosophy. He later attended the Vanderbilt University in Tennessee, where he earned a Ph.D. in philosophy.
However, Jones ultimately decided to follow his true passion for filmmaking and enrolled at the London Film School. He honed his skills and gained experience by directing several short films, including “Whistle,” “The Silenced,” and “Moon.”
In 2009, Jones made his feature film debut with the critically acclaimed science fiction film “Moon,” which he also wrote. The film, starring Sam Rockwell, received widespread praise for its thought-provoking storytelling and atmospheric direction, earning Jones a BAFTA Award for Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer.
Duncan Jones’s 5 most popular quotes
- I think that idea of being far away from the people that you love is something that everyone can relate to.
- I think we tried to make a film [Moon] that was about human beings as opposed to going from one special effects set piece to the next one, which is what a lot of science fiction films these days do.
- One of the biggest changes for me on a practical level of shooting the film was having a second unit.
- I want to have the illegitimate child of independent film making and the budget to make it. That’s my aspiration.
- Sometimes there’s a disjoint between what works on the page and what works with visual story telling.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #British_film_director #film_director #Duncan_Jones #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio