Born: January 30, 1930
Eugene Allen Hackman was born in San Bernardino, California, the son of Anna Lyda Elizabeth (Gray) and Eugene Ezra Hackman, who operated a newspaper printing press. He is of Pennsylvania Dutch (German), English, and Scottish ancestry, partly by way of Canada, where his mother was born. After several moves, his family settled in Danville, Illinois. Gene grew up in a broken home, which he left at the age of sixteen for a hitch with the US Marines. After moving to New York after being discharged, he worked in a number of menial jobs before studying journalism and television production on the G.I. Bill at the University of Illinois. Hackman would be over 30 years old when he finally decided to take his chance at acting by enrolling at the Pasadena Playhouse in California. Legend says that Hackman and his friend Dustin Hoffman were voted “least likely to succeed.”
Gene Hackman’s 5 most popular quotes
- The difference between a hero and a coward is one step sideways.
- I was trained to be an actor, not a star. I was trained to play roles, not to deal with fame and agents and lawyers and the press.
- If you look at yourself as a star, you’ve already lost something in the portrayal of any human being.
- Like a duck on the pond. On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute.
- Seventy-five per cent of being successful as an actor is pure luck. The rest is just endurance.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_actor #actor #Gene_Hackman #Birthday #FM #online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio