- I often thought my gravestone would say, ‘Here lies Gandalf. He came out,’
- I’ve often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction.
- I’m dead against the idea that you should try to “cure” people of being gay.
- Acting is a very personal process. It has to do with expressing your own personality, and discovering the character you’re playing through your own experience – so we’re all different.
- To know you are in the company with people who love and care for each other, as well as for whatever they are working on, is almost essential.
- Actors are merely the medium through which a story happens.
- You can always pick out stage actors at the Oscars: they know how to walk.
- Personally, coming out was one of the most important things I’ve ever done, lifting from my shoulders the millstone of lies that I hadn’t even realized I was carrying.
- In the theatre, the actor is in total control. The director wasn’t in the house last night, the designer wasn’t there, the author’s dead. It’s just us and the audience.
- We are very lucky to be men because women have a terrible time getting older parts. It’s much more difficult.
Tags : Live Online Radio