Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Agnes Repplier
- It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
- There is always a secret irritation about a laugh into which we cannot join.
- It is impossible for a lover of cats to banish these alert, gentle, and discriminating friends, who give us just enough of their regard and complaisance to make us hunger for more.
- Humor brings insight and tolerance. Irony brings a deeper and less friendly understanding.
- It’s not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it’s not possible to find it elsewhere.
- The thinkers of the world should by rights be guardians of the world’s mirth.
- Conversation between Adam and Eve must have been difficult at times because they had nobody to talk about.
- It is as impossible to withhold education from the receptive mind, as it is impossible to force it upon the unreasoning.
- The clear-sighted do not rule the world, but they sustain and console it.
- Humor distorts nothing, and only false gods are laughed off their earthly pedestals.
Agnes Repplier (1855–1950) was an American essayist and biographer known for her wit, wisdom, and keen observations on various subjects. Born in Philadelphia, Repplier grew up in a literary and intellectual environment. She embarked on her writing career in the late 19th century, contributing essays to prominent publications such as The Atlantic Monthly and Harper’s Magazine.
Repplier’s works often explored the social and cultural changes of her time, and she became renowned for her distinctive style, blending humor and insight. Her essays covered a wide range of topics, from literature and art to women’s issues and the changing role of education. Notable works include “Books and Men” (1888) and “Points of View” (1922), showcasing her mastery of the essay form.
Throughout her long and prolific career, Agnes Repplier has received acclaim for her ability to engage readers with her sharp intellect and graceful prose. Her literary contributions earned her a place among the prominent essayists of her era, and her legacy continues to be celebrated for the depth of her thought and the enduring relevance of her writings.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Agnes_Repplier #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio