Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Bettie Page
- My favorite actress of all times is Bette Davis in Dark Victory. I have seen it six or seven times, and I still cry.
- It makes me feel wonderful that people still care for me… that I have so many fans among young people, who write to me and tell me I have been an inspiration.
- I wasn’t trying to be anything. I was just myself.
- I was never one who was squeamish about nudity. I don’t believe in being promiscuous about it, but several times I thought of going to a nudist colony.
- I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me.
- For years I had my hair parted down the middle in a ponytail, tucked down around the sides Well, I went and cut the bangs, and I’ve been wearing them ever since. They say it’s my trademark.
- After all, he put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden naked as jaybirds!
- I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer. I wasn
t trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time. I didnt think of myself as liberated, and I don
t believe that I did anything important. I was just myself. I didnt know any other way to be, or any other way to live.
- The only person I did bondage for was Irving Klaw and his sister Paula. Usually they would shoot four or five models every Saturday. He wouldn’t pay for the regular pictures unless we did some bondage. So I did bondage shots to get paid for the other photos.
- Young women say I helped them come out of their shells.
Bettie Page (1923–2008) was an iconic American model who became renowned for her pin-up and glamour modeling during the 1950s. Born in Nashville, Tennessee, Page’s striking looks, including her dark hair, blue eyes, and trademark bangs, helped her gain immense popularity.
Her career took off after being discovered by photographers in New York City. Page’s daring and flirtatious poses in front of the camera broke societal norms of the time. She became celebrated for her free-spirited and uninhibited approach to modeling, often posing in bikinis, lingerie, and risqué outfits, which both enthralled and scandalized the public.
Page’s images, exuding a mix of innocence and sensuality, were featured in numerous men’s magazines, making her a symbol of female sexuality. Despite her relatively short career in the spotlight, Bettie Page’s influence extended beyond her time. Her style and persona continue to inspire artists, fashion designers, and models to this day.
Retiring from modeling in the 1950s, Page lived a reclusive life for several decades, eventually gaining a cult-like following. She remains an enduring figure in pop culture, revered for her impact on the modeling industry and the broader societal shifts in attitudes towards beauty, sensuality, and femininity. Bettie Page passed away in 2008, leaving behind a legacy that continues to captivate and inspire.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Bettie_Page #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio