Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Billie Jean King
- A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.
- Any therapist will tell you that when you’re ready, you will come out. To be outed means you weren’t ready.
- Be bold. If you’re going to make an error, make a doozy, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball.
- Men can have a huge turnover of sponsorship and still survive a lot better than the women. But the women’s ratings are better, at least at home in the United States than in the men’s tennis.
- That is where the power, opportunity, and choice come from-when you have money. Money equals opportunity. There is no question.
- I used to be told if I talked about my sexuality in any way that we wouldn’t have a tennis tour.
- It’s just really important that we start celebrating our differences. Let’s start tolerating first, but then we need to celebrate our differences.
- Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life.
- They’re not put on earth to be martyrs; they have to want to come out. It depends on your culture, where you work, where you live. Each person’s circumstances are unique.
- Women get the attention when we get into the men’s arena, and that’s sad.
Billie Jean King, born on November 22, 1943, is a former professional tennis player and a prominent advocate for gender equality in sports. Hailing from Long Beach, California, she became one of the most successful and celebrated tennis players of her time. King’s remarkable career includes 39 Grand Slam titles, comprising 12 in singles, 16 in women’s doubles, and 11 in mixed doubles.
Beyond her on-court achievements, Billie Jean King is renowned for her pivotal role in the 1973 Battle of the Sexes match, where she defeated Bobby Riggs, a male tennis champion, challenging and debunking gender stereotypes. Her dedication to social justice and gender equality is evident in her co-founding of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) and the Women’s Sports Foundation.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Billie_Jean_King #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio