Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Donald Sutherland
- When the camera starts to roll, there is something of death about it.
- Well, I was always cast as an artistic homicidal maniac. But at least I was artistic!
- To them though, not to us, we were just a catalyst for their imagination.
- Not too much, though there’s a certain amount of rancour and bitterness when someone tries to fire you.
- It’s a very serious endeavor for me [to play in the same movie with my son]. It’s not for a lot of people. It was a wonderful job. I’ve wanted to do it since I can remember.
- I think we’re [me and my son] different. He plans, organizes and intellectualizes more than I do. It wasn’t until I worked with Federico Fellini that I understood what my problem was.
- I had a kind of meandering little career, and then I was given a chance to play one of the bottom six in The Dirty Dozen.
- But even with no money you could still go to places like the Scotch Club and, you know, John Lennon might be sitting right over there, but I was certainly not a part of any of that circle. I was truly peripheral.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Oh, you know something? I’m so far away from believing that it exists, and the only thing I know are jokes about it.
- You’re always working in the movie. Never was I me, and never have I been me, nor was he him. We were the two characters. But the character that I was playing was informed by my DNA, looking at him informed by his.
Donald Sutherland is a renowned Canadian actor with a career spanning over six decades. Born on July 17, 1935, in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, he has left an indelible mark on the world of film and television.
Sutherland’s acting journey began on the stage in Canada and the United Kingdom before transitioning to Hollywood in the 1960s. He gained recognition for his roles in iconic films such as “MAS*H” (1970), “Don’t Look Now” (1973), and “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” (1978). His distinctive voice and commanding presence made him a versatile actor, equally adept in both lead and supporting roles.
Throughout his career, Sutherland has received critical acclaim and numerous awards, including a Primetime Emmy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and an Honorary Academy Award in 2018 for his outstanding contributions to cinema. He has been a part of successful franchises like “The Hunger Games” and “The Maze Runner,” solidifying his status as a beloved and respected figure in contemporary cinema.
Beyond acting, Sutherland is known for his activism and humanitarian work. He has championed causes related to peace, environmentalism, and social justice, further showcasing his commitment to making a positive impact on the world.
Donald Sutherland’s enduring talent and dedication have solidified his legacy as one of Canada’s most celebrated actors, with a global reach and influence that continues to inspire generations of artists.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Donald_Sutherland #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio