Top 10 most inspiring quotes by James Gunn
- What is my intention being a filmmaker? To make as much money as possible, or get as much attention as possible? It’s not really either of those things. Now I can tell the stories that I want to tell.
- We live in a world where everybody’s supposed to be cool and act tough and put up fronts, and everybody is so cynical.
- Thinking that everything is going to come together in a perfect way is not necessarily the way it’s going to happen.
- The writer’s genetic inheritance and her or his experiences shape the writer into a unique individual, and it is this uniqueness that is the writer’s only stuff for sale.
- The people who gave up their humanity to save their planet was always very interesting to me.
- One should be willing to throw away a dozen ideas to come up with a good one, just as one should throw away a dozen words to come up with the right one.
- My brain has always been wired in such a way that I’d rather communicate to a smaller audience who really get turned on by what I do than meet a wider audience and give them milk.
- It also is true that some ideas naturally work themselves out over a longer period of time than a single human life can encompass.
- I like to plan everything out and know exactly what we’re doing. It’s always important to me to work with a cast and a crew that not only I respect their talent but I really like them as people.
- When people go to the theater, people say they want something different, but what they really want is something the same with slight permutations. To really not know what is going to happen next is a hard thing.
James Gunn is an American filmmaker, screenwriter, and producer known for his work in both the superhero and horror genres. He was born on August 5, 1966, in St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
Gunn began his career in the film industry as a screenwriter, penning scripts for movies like “Tromeo and Juliet” (1996) and “The Specials” (2000). He gained recognition for his unique blend of humor and irreverence in his writing style.
In 2006, James Gunn made his directorial debut with the horror-comedy film “Slither,” which he also wrote. The film received positive reviews from critics, establishing Gunn as a talented director with a knack for blending different genres.
However, Gunn achieved widespread acclaim and recognition for his work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). He directed and co-wrote the critically acclaimed and commercially successful superhero films “Guardians of the Galaxy” (2014) and its sequel “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” (2017). These movies introduced a unique and beloved group of misfit heroes to the MCU and were praised for their humor, heart, and memorable characters.
In 2018, Gunn faced controversy when old offensive tweets resurfaced, leading to his temporary removal from directing the third installment of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” franchise. However, following public support from the cast and fans, Gunn was reinstated as the director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” in 2019.
Apart from his work in the superhero genre, James Gunn wrote and directed the superhero horror film “Brightburn” (2019) and served as a producer on the horror-comedy film “The Belko Experiment” (2016).
Known for his distinct storytelling style, witty dialogue, and genre-bending approach, James Gunn has become a prominent figure in the world of filmmaking. His ability to infuse humor and heart into unconventional stories has garnered him a dedicated fanbase and critical acclaim.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #James_Gunn #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio