Born: June 11, 1997
Jorja Smith is an English singer-songwriter known for her soulful and captivating voice. She was born on June 11, 1997, in Walsall, West Midlands, England. From a young age, Smith had a passion for music and began writing songs as a teenager.
In 2016, Smith gained attention with her debut single “Blue Lights,” a socially conscious track that addressed police brutality and racial profiling. The song garnered critical acclaim and led to her signing with a major record label.
Her breakthrough came in 2017 with the release of her debut extended play (EP) titled “Project 11.” The EP showcased her unique blend of R&B, soul, and jazz influences and featured the popular singles “Where Did I Go?” and “Teenage Fantasy.”
Smith’s talent and distinctive voice continued to draw praise, and in 2018, she collaborated with prominent artists such as Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Kali Uchis. She contributed vocals to Drake’s album “More Life” and co-wrote the hit song “I Am” on Kendrick Lamar’s “Black Panther: The Album.”
In 2019, Smith released her highly anticipated debut studio album, “Lost & Found.” The album received widespread critical acclaim and showcased her maturity as a songwriter and performer. It included the singles “Blue Lights,” “Teenage Fantasy,” and “The One.”
Smith’s music often tackles personal and social issues, combining introspective lyrics with soulful melodies. Her emotive vocals and poetic storytelling have resonated with audiences around the world, earning her numerous accolades and nominations, including the Brit Critics’ Choice Award in 2018.
Throughout her career, Jorja Smith has continued to release new music and collaborate with various artists. She has established herself as a powerful force in the contemporary music scene, blending genres and pushing creative boundaries while staying true to her own unique style.
Jorja Smith’s 5 most popular quotes
- I used to like loads of boys and get rejected all the time.
- I didn’t look like Rihanna. I was a bit chubby. I had puppy fat. I had a moustache. I didn’t want to have lips; I didn’t want a bum. I grew out of it, but I feel like everyone went through that phase of wanting to be skinny.
- I get loads of messages from people telling me they’ve been helped through some bad relationship when they’ve listened to my song. That’s what I want to do.
- Before I put ‘Blue Lights’ out, I deleted my Instagram and everything and started again.
- I like a performance, a live performance, so I like little mistakes because that’s what makes perfect – the mistakes.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #English_Singer_songwriter #Singer_songwriter #jorja_smith #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio