Born: June 19, 1954
Kathleen Turner is an American actress and film director known for her distinctive husky voice, commanding presence, and versatile acting skills. She was born on June 19, 1954, in Springfield, Missouri, United States.
Turner began her acting career on stage, appearing in various theater productions before making her film debut in the 1981 film “Body Heat,” where she played the sultry femme fatale. Her performance in the film earned her widespread recognition and critical acclaim, establishing her as a leading lady in Hollywood.
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Turner starred in a series of successful films, including “Romancing the Stone” (1984), “Prizzi’s Honor” (1985), for which she received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, and “The War of the Roses” (1989). She displayed her versatility by effortlessly transitioning between genres, excelling in both comedy and drama.
Turner’s filmography also includes notable performances in movies such as “Peggy Sue Got Married” (1986), “The Accidental Tourist” (1988), and “Serial Mom” (1994). Her dynamic on-screen presence, combined with her striking beauty and talent, solidified her status as one of the most sought-after actresses of her time.
In addition to her successful film career, Turner has also worked extensively in theater and television. She has appeared in Broadway productions such as “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” and “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” Her television credits include the series “Friends” and “Californication,” among others.
In recent years, Turner has expanded her artistic endeavors to include directing. She made her directorial debut with the 2010 off-Broadway production of “Crimes of the Heart” and has continued to direct various theater productions.
Throughout her career, Kathleen Turner has been honored with numerous awards and nominations, including Golden Globe Awards, BAFTA nominations, and Tony Award nominations. Her contributions to the entertainment industry have made her an iconic figure and a respected talent in both film and theater.
Kathleen Turner’s 5 most popular quotes
- I think my mission is to become the greatest human I can. I know that sounds pompous, but what else do we have?
- When I’m really hot, I can walk into a room and if a man doesn’t look at me, he’s probably gay.
- Fearlessness at twenty springs from not knowing challenges lie ahead. Fearlessness at fifty comes from having wrestled with life’s challenges and learned from them.
- Organized religion is primarily man putting words in God’s mouth. That’s how I basically feel about that. But, I do believe in believing and I admire it. I just don’t think it should be exclusive or judgmental.
- I’m very old-fashioned in some ways because of my father, who thought that being a public servant was an honor. Everyone must find a capacity in which they can serve, because we all benefit from society.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_actress #actress #kathleen_turner #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio