Indian playback singer
Born: October 20, 1957
Kumar Sanu, born as Kedarnath Bhattacharya on October 20, 1957, is a renowned Indian playback singer. He gained immense popularity in the 1990s for his soulful and melodious voice, becoming one of the most prolific and celebrated playback singers in the Indian music industry.
Sanu began his singing career in Kolkata, West Bengal, before moving to Mumbai to pursue his dreams in Bollywood. His breakthrough came with the song “Aashiqui Mein Har Aashiq” from the movie “Aashiqui” (1990), which catapulted him to stardom. He went on to deliver a string of chart-topping hits in the following years.
Kumar Sanu’s versatile voice enabled him to sing a wide range of songs, from romantic ballads to peppy dance numbers. He collaborated with numerous music directors and lyricists, creating timeless classics. Some of his notable tracks include “Tujhe Dekha Toh Yeh Jaana Sanam” from “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” and “Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Pagal Hai” from “Saajan.”
Throughout his career, Kumar Sanu received several prestigious awards, including multiple Filmfare Awards, for his exceptional contribution to the music industry. His melodious voice and memorable songs continue to resonate with music lovers across generations, making him an enduring icon in Indian music.
Kumar Sanu’s 5 most popular quotes
- My reason for joining politics is not to make money, as I have enough of my own, but to help the poor.
- I made it clear to myself at least 50 times that I am neither associated with any party nor do I have any transaction with any party. I have only one party, which is music party.
- After following the footsteps of the greats, each singer must carve out his own identity, else he will perish.
- When I am in Calcutta, for instance, I often charge nothing for singing for debutant directors and small producers who cannot afford to pay me.
- I think the kind of togetherness and understanding between music directors and singers, and between producers and directors, is not the same anymore. Now, it’s all too professional.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Indian_playback_singer #singer #Kumar_Sanu #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio