Born: May 20, 1984
Naturi Naughton is an American actress and singer-songwriter, known for her versatile talent and captivating performances. She was born on May 20, 1984, in East Orange, New Jersey, United States.
Naughton first gained widespread recognition as a member of the R&B girl group 3LW (3 Little Women), which was formed in the late 1990s. The group achieved success with songs like “No More (Baby I’ma Do Right)” and “Playas Gon’ Play.” However, Naughton departed from the group in 2002 due to internal conflicts.
After leaving 3LW, Naughton pursued her acting career and made her breakthrough in the film industry. In 2009, she portrayed the role of Lil’ Kim in the biographical film “Notorious,” which depicted the life of the late rapper The Notorious B.I.G. Her performance was critically acclaimed and showcased her acting abilities to a wider audience.
Naughton’s most prominent role came in 2014 when she was cast as Tasha St. Patrick, the wife of the main character, in the hit Starz television series “Power.” The show, created by Courtney A. Kemp, became a huge success and garnered a dedicated fan base. Naughton’s portrayal of Tasha St. Patrick was widely praised, and she showcased her acting range as her character evolved throughout the series.
In addition to her acting career, Naughton has continued to pursue her passion for music. She released her solo debut album, “Naturi Naughton: Fame Presents Naturi Naughton as Denise: The Music EP,” in 2010, which showcased her vocal talent and versatility as an artist.
Throughout her career, Naturi Naughton has been recognized for her contributions to the entertainment industry. She has received several awards and nominations, including the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role in “Power.”
Naturi Naughton continues to work in both the film and television industry, captivating audiences with her captivating performances and showcasing her multifaceted talent.
Naturi Naughton’s 5 most popular quotes
- I think a lot of young people don’t realize the price of fame is a lot higher than they imagine.
- I deal with emotional pain through therapy, writing, therapy in music. I think emotional pain is best dealt with when you use art to express it.
- I definitely feel like, as a singer, I’ve been able to transition into acting because I always saw them in the same vein. It’s all about connecting and telling a story.
- Singing is my passion and something that I still love to do and Im always going to want to do it.
- I work out and go to the gym, but I still enjoy my soul food and snacks. But I’m a pretty petite young woman, and I just do everything in moderation and make sure that I just keep everything together.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_singer_songwriter #singer_songwriter #Naturi_Naughton #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio