Born: November 15, 1968
Died: November 13, 2004
Ol’ Dirty Bastard, born Russell Tyrone Jones on November 15, 1968, in Brooklyn, New York, was a charismatic and eccentric rapper who rose to fame as a founding member of the legendary hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan. Known for his unorthodox style, wild behavior, and distinctive voice, ODB, as he was commonly known, became a central figure in the 1990s East Coast hip-hop scene.
His debut solo album, “Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version,” released in 1995, showcased his unpredictable flow and offbeat humor. The album’s standout single, “Shimmy Shimmy Ya,” became a hip-hop classic. ODB’s success was, however, punctuated by legal troubles and stints in prison.
Despite his unconventional antics, Ol’ Dirty Bastard was a talented lyricist and played a pivotal role in shaping the Wu-Tang Clan’s unique sound. His contributions to the group’s debut album, “Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers),” solidified their place in hip-hop history.
Tragically, Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s life was cut short when he passed away on November 13, 2004, at the age of 35. His legacy endures through his music, and he is remembered as one of the most charismatic and enigmatic figures in the history of hip-hop.
Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s 5 most popular quotes
- Girls, when you walk down the street, just stay nasty. Please stay nasty for me because that’s how I freak out. So stay nasty and be nasty and have a beautiful time.
- Came out my mama’s pussy, I’m on welfare. Twenty-six years old, still on welfare.
- We got food stamps. Glad to get the food stamps. Why wouldn’t you want to get free money?
- Look here: “Mo’ money, mo’ problems,” my ass.
You’s a naive cat if you still believe that.
- Here I go, deep type flow,
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_rapper #Ol'_Dirty_Bastard #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio