British-American actor and comedian
Born: November 20, 1932
Died: June 2, 2012
Richard Dawson (1932–2012) was a British-American actor and television personality best known for his charismatic hosting of the game show “Family Feud.” Born on November 20, 1932, in Gosport, England, as Colin Lionel Emm, he began his career as a stand-up comedian and gained popularity in the United Kingdom. Dawson later moved to the United States in the 1960s, where he became a fixture in the entertainment industry.
His breakthrough came with “Hogan’s Heroes,” a popular television sitcom in which he played the role of Corporal Peter Newkirk. However, it was his role as the host of “Family Feud” that solidified his status as a beloved television personality. Dawson’s witty banter, warm demeanor, and penchant for kissing female contestants became iconic elements of the show.
Outside of television, Dawson appeared in various films, including “The Running Man” and “The Devil’s Brigade.” Despite occasional controversies, including his unconventional hosting style, Dawson’s charm and humor endeared him to audiences. He continued his television career with roles in shows like “The New Dick Van Dyke Show” and “Match Game.”
Richard Dawson passed away on June 2, 2012, leaving behind a legacy as a versatile entertainer who left an indelible mark on the world of game shows and television.
Richard Dawson’s 5 most popular quotes
- If I never do another thing, I’ve met the good, sweet people of the world.
- I never dreamed I would have a job in which so many people could touch me and I could touch them.
- The thing that I loved about ‘Feud,’ we froze a moment in time for these families that had never occurred before. That’s magic.
- The first time I ever saw people of any color was when D-Day left from my hometown in England, to go and free Europe from the war. And there was every color you could imagine, and I’d not seen that in England.
- There were people I know that got upset that I kissed people; I kissed them for luck and love, that’s all. That’s what my mother did to me. There were people upset that I would embrace or hug someone of another color.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #British-American_actor_comedian #actor #comedian #Richard_Dawson #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio