Born: February 2, 1977
Shakira, in full Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, (born February 2, 1977, Barranquilla, Colombia), Colombian musician who achieved success in both Spanish- and English-speaking markets and by the early 2000s was one of the most successful Latin American recording artists.
Shakira, who had a Lebanese father and a native Colombian mother, started belly dancing at an early age, and by age 10, she had begun writing songs and taking part in talent competitions. A local theater producer helped her land an audition with a Sony Corp. executive in 1990, and Shakira was subsequently signed to a record deal. Her first two albums, Magia (1991) and Peligro (1993), were only moderately successful, however. After taking a break from recording to act in the Latin soap opera El oasis, Shakira resumed her music career in impressive fashion with Pies descalzos (1995). The album produced several hits, including “Estoy aqu,” “Pienso en ti,” and “Un poco de amor.”
Shakira’s 5 most popular quotes
- In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.
- You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.
- It doesn’t matter if you are a musician, a business leader, a president or a student. We all have a responsibility to give back.
- Scars remind me of just how far that I’ve come.
- I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth that is when I will give my heart.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Colombian_singer #singer #Shakira #Birthday #FM #online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio