- The great lesson is that the sacred is in the ordinary, that is is to be found in one’s daily life.
- When people appear to be something other than good and decent, it is only because they are reacting to stress, pain, or the deprivation of basic human needs such as security, love, and self-esteem.
- If you plan on being anything less than what you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.
- The fact is that people are good if only their fundamental wishes are satisfied, their wish for affection and security. Give people affection and security, and they will be secure in their feelings and their behavior.
- I can feel guilty about the past, apprehensive about the future but only in the present can I act.
- One’s only rival is one’s own potentialities. One’s only failure is failing to live up to one’s own possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king, and must therefore be treated like a king.
- I’m someone who likes plowing new ground, then walking away from it. I get bored easily. For me, the big thrill comes with the discovering.
- Appreciate again and again, freshly and naively the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder and even ecstasy, however stable these experiences may have become to others.
- The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.
- It is as necessary for man to live in beauty rather than ugliness as it is necessary for him to have food for an aching belly or rest for a weary body.
10 inspirational abraham maslow quotes on success
Liza Weil: Birthday