- Be passionate and move forward with gusto every single hour of every single day until you reach your goal.
- If your dream only includes you, it’s too small.
- Time will tell … whether folks want to point and stare at the black woman filmmaker who made a certain kind of film, and pat her on the back, or if they want to actually roll up the sleeves and do a little bit of work so that there can be more of me coming through.
- Figure out what you need to do to be the heroine of your own story.
- I thing for female filmmakers a big issue is making their second and third films. You see the statistics, and the dropoff on the second and third [films] , are dire.
- Filmmakers need to realize that their job isn’t done when they lock picture. We must see our films through.
- You know, often films that are deemed positive, nobody wants to see them.
- As long as you’re in an environment where the worth of the project isn’t based on the project but what its predecessors did, it’s not truly inclusive.
- All the traditional models for doing things are collapsing; from music to publishing to film, and it’s a wide open door for people who are creative to do what they need to do without having institutions block their art.
- I didn’t start out thinking that I could ever make films. I started out being a film lover, loving films, and wanting to have a job that put me close to them and close to filmmakers and close to film sets.
Tags : Live Online Radio