- Can he love her? Can the soul really be satisfied with such polite affections? To love is to burn – to be on fire, like Juliet or Guinevere or Eloise.
- I think books are like people, in the sense that they’ll turn up in your life when you most need them.
- Its unfortunate and I really wish I wouldn’t have to say this, but I really like human beings who have suffered. They’re kinder.
- If you’ve got to my age, you’ve probably had your heart broken many times. So it’s not that difficult to unpack a bit of grief from some little corner of your heart and cry over it.
- There is a painful difference between the expectation of an unpleasant event and its final certainty.
ve realized that in all the great stories, even if theres a happily-ever-after ending, there`s something sad.
- Marianne Dashwood looks at gray skies and sees blue. That’s all very well, and it’s not something you ever want entirely to lose. But you must lose a little of it; otherwise you’re going to get wet.
- Got up this morning and could not find my glasses. Finally had to seek assistance. Kate [Winslet] found them inside a flower arrangement.
- Children are the most wonderful audiences. What’s struck me most is that that they watch it so silently, until the end when they shriek and shout and clap.
- It’s unfortunate and I really wish I wouldn’t have to say this, but I really like human beings who have suffered. They’re kinder.
Tags : Live Online Radio