- History, like love, is so apt to surround her heroes with an atmosphere of imaginary brightness.
- Tis hard to live in a world where all look upon you as below them.
- There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore.
- Every trail has its end, and every calamity brings its lesson!
- It is the fate of all things to ripen, and then to decay.
- Whatever may be the changes produced by man, the eternal round of the seasons is unbroken.
- You are young, and rich, and have friends, and at such an age I know it is hard to die!
- Patience is the greatest of virtues in a woodsman.
- And am I answerable that thoughtless and unprincipled men exist whose shades of contenance may resemble mine?
- Advice is not a gift, but a debt that the old owe to the young.
Tags : Live Online Radio