- Prayer unaccompanied by perseverance leads to no result.
- Prayers will never reach God unless they are founded on free mercy.
- Men in prayer give greater license to their unlawful desires than if they were telling jocular tales among their equals.
- Let the first rule of right prayer then be, to have our heart and mind framed as becomes those who are entering into converse with God.
- Let us know, then, that none duly prepare themselves for prayer but those who are so impressed with the majesty of God that they engage in it free from all earthly cares and affections.
- There is not an instant of time during which our want does not exhort us to prayer.
- Prayers are vainly poured out into the air unless accompanied with faith, in which, as from a watchtower, we may quietly wait for God.
- Our true wisdom is to embrace with meek docility, and without reservation, whatever the holy scriptures have delivered.
- Faith and patience are exceptional virtues in those that suffer. Patience is the fruit and evidence of faith.
- A perfect faith is nowhere to be found, so it follows that all of us are partly unbelievers.
Tags : Live Online Radio