- A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury.
- If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
- The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant.
- Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
- I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.
- How can great minds be produced in a country where the test of great minds is agreeing in the opinion of small minds?
- Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.
- War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.
- In this age, the man who dares to think for himself and to act independently does a service to his race.
- To tax the larger incomes at a higher percentage than the smaller, is to lay a tax on industry and economy; to impose a penalty on people for having worked harder and saved more than their neighbors.
Tags : Live Online Radio